Thread: google adwords charge

Default google adwords charge

OK, this is VERY odd. But I have never even, before today, clicked on the google adwords ad at the top of the forums, and yet there is a charge on my credit card from 6/12 for 60 some dollars. I have done extra shopping online this month, but was under the impression that the few places, like Old Navy and Dancing Deer, where I did shop on were secure sites. There are no other funny charges for this month. So I am utterly confused as to how/why this charge ends up on my card. DH thinks maybe someone has my cc number - but if they did, why only charge this google adwords, and not have bought other things from other places? Looks like this card might have to canceled. -- Anyway, it is just a mystery to me.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    OK, this is VERY odd. But I have never even, before today, clicked on the google adwords ad at the top of the forums, and yet there is a charge on my credit card from 6/12 for 60 some dollars. I have done extra shopping online this month, but was under the impression that the few places, like Old Navy and Dancing Deer, where I did shop on were secure sites. There are no other funny charges for this month. So I am utterly confused as to how/why this charge ends up on my card. DH thinks maybe someone has my cc number - but if they did, why only charge this google adwords, and not have bought other things from other places? Looks like this card might have to canceled. -- Anyway, it is just a mystery to me.
    ya, those sites are very secure, but that doesn't mean there isn't some type of spyware on your computer getting your info, or maybe a firewall down where somebody got it. Very odd.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Since my DH is a computer geek, I have a pretty good protection system, antivirus/spyware, firewall, secure network, etc. But there was an odd moment or two the last week where all of sudden instead of being connected to his network I was connected to some linksys network, unsecured. I always shut down right away the 3 times I noticed that - he fixed that issue now. It came from when we had my laptop along on vacation, and had to use a different network setup at his sister's - unsecured, because BIL couldn't remember the password to let us share on his network! Maybe one of those was a time of weakness that allowed something to happen. I had better run my spyware check again.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    Was it actually Google Adwords or was it some kind of trial service for a "Make Money With Google" type thing? If it was Google Adwords, Google would want to know about that fraud. It if was one of those making money with Google kind of things, I would cancel the card because your number got out somehow.

Clicking on the Google Ad on our page wouldn't charge anything for Google Adwords. They actually pay US to be on the page. You would just be going to an advertiser's site. My money is on the fact that it was a "Get Rich With Google Adwords" type offer somehow billed to you.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Was it actually Google Adwords or was it some kind of trial service for a "Make Money With Google" type thing? If it was Google Adwords, Google would want to know about that fraud. It if was one of those making money with Google kind of things, I would cancel the card because your number got out somehow.

Clicking on the Google Ad on our page wouldn't charge anything for Google Adwords. They actually pay US to be on the page. You would just be going to an advertiser's site. My money is on the fact that it was a "Get Rich With Google Adwords" type offer somehow billed to you.
    In the statement online, it said google adwords, google(.)com (I put these () so it doesn't make the link here). I have no idea if it was anything else like the trial service deal you mentioned. I haven't visited any sites or done any offers related to google or money making trials at all - I avoid those sorts of things! I have a gmail account, but don't even use google outside of that, either.
    I did click on the google ad on the forum tonight to see what it was, and I saw that just clicking on it, of course, wouldn't be giving anything out.
    I don't seem to have any spyware or adware on my computer, and I have only shopped thru secure sites the last week that I have done shopping; haven't done any paid offers this month, either.
    My DH called the cc company and they will credit my account the amount of this charge, and they didn't say anything, yet, about canceling the card. So I guess we shall see how this shakes out. I would really really like to find out how this charge got on my card, tho!