So, with less than a month before we are suppose to leave, DH and I have decided that this may not be the best time for us to go. Our oldest will be turning 18 when we go, and over the holidays he told us he was very serious about going into the Navy and would be signing his papers on his birthday. I am proud of him.
But, in my head at the same time it is Mardi Gras time and his birthday plus the kids are out of school and I could just see the parties at my house in my head. So we are going to put it off for awhile and go from there. I am sad and the kids are devastated. But I really love my house and I know what I would have done had I been left alone with no school, my birthday and it was Mardi Gras. And I know they are going to do what they want anyway, but at least not in my house!
Maybe, since it was already paid for I will just put it all towards a smaller trip in the fall. Or maybe the cruise !!!Who knows Plus we were just there in May and then April before that so it is not like the kids have not gone.