Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: More Fraud Information

Quote Originally Posted by alwweb View Post
    Is there an issue with signing on with my own laptop but using the free Internet connection at a hotel? The IP addresses are handled through the hotel.

Thanks.
    Ann
    No. That wouldn't be considered fraud in any way. You *might* not get a credit if someone else in the hotel happened to have been on the same IP and completed the same offer. But the chances are VERY slim. Just be careful if your IP address is changing a lot. I've stayed in hotels where they switched my IP address like every 10 minutes for some reason. That can mess you up if you are in the middle of any offers.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by tfriend2000 View Post
    Personally, I'd really appreciate it if they would come up with a term other than "fraud" to describe people who are participating within the Terms of Service.
    I find it kind of insulting to sign up for a 10 day offer, cancel after 4 days, and then being told that I am a Fraud.

Fraud to me implies an intentional desire to cheat, and I would never do that.

I hope it is a better day for you Tricia. What a headache!

I agree-

I did one last week that after I signed up, I realized it said both a SEVEN day free trial AND a 14 day one....so which is it? It's been 5 days already and I haven't rec'd anything....I feel like I am really cutting it close....
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Wow, I didn't know there were so many problems here. I have yet to explore all the possibilties. I got an email to come check out some increased offers or something and the rules say...

Do not sign up for a program that you are already a member of. This is cheating and will result in deletion of your Sunshine Rewards account.

I don't know what I'm a member of. lol! Apparently I signed up for some survey sites a long time ago and forgot about them. Most sites simply alert you that you are already a member and let it go at that - but this site deletes you.
    I guess the best course of action is to do nothing.

Unfortunetly, this is the requirements of the advertisers, not Sunshine rewards.There was recently a big shake up in the rewards program industry, and ALL the reputable sites are instituting new policies.Sunshine is actually not as extreme as some others.
    Advertisers are seeing a lot of fraudulent sign ups and so are refusing to apy out on iffy submissions.To keep SR from being put on the "bad site" list Tricia has new stricter rules.

A good rule fo thumb is, if you enter your email and it knows your name, stop and close the offer out.Youve already done it.Then you wont be deleted.Its only for peole who are knowingly siging up for the same offers on multiple sites who are facing deletion.
    As long as you follow those rules you have nothing to worry about.
    SunshineRewards
    Thanks KinziePooh!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I think there must be some misunderstanding. When it says not to sign up for something that you are already a member of it means you cant redo paid offer programs that you have already done as the advertisers consider this fraud. It doesn't mean anything about signing up double for this site. If you haven't been active with this site at any point it may be to your benefit to check out what it is all about. It really is a site for making some extra money on the side. If you have any questions everyone here is very happy to help and answer them as best we can. If you have a specific question that we can't answer the owner of the site Sunshinegirl is around all the time and she can help.
    Last edited by jnorth1007; 06-27-2007 at 06:47 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think it also applies to the bigger things. If you have a Blockbuster online account, you can't sign up for it to get the gift cert from SR. If you have a Netflix account, same deal. I think some people have had some issues with things like Disney Movie Club, but I think that DMC has simply told the people that they have an account, or had an account and re-started it...either way, SR won't get credit and neither will that person.

For that sort of thing, I just make sure it's something I want anyway AND that I don't belong to already, and I feel safe.

The trick to see if the little survey sites know who you are from your email address is a very good one.
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I think it is also important to note that other sites are having similar issues with advertisers but may not be telling their members about it. SunshineGirl is very open with this community, which helps prevent a lot of problems.
    Sunshine Rewards

ChickiePants is offline Next thing you know, Chingy will be showing up on your doorstep!

Also, I don't think that if you signed up for something a long time ago and never really used it, they'll automatically delete you because you unknowingly signed up again! Everyone here is very understanding, and I think they'd at least give you a chance to plead your case before just automatically deleting your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    Wow, I didn't know there were so many problems here. I have yet to explore all the possibilties. I got an email to come check out some increased offers or something and the rules say...

Do not sign up for a program that you are already a member of. This is cheating and will result in deletion of your Sunshine Rewards account.

I don't know what I'm a member of. lol! Apparently I signed up for some survey sites a long time ago and forgot about them. Most sites simply alert you that you are already a member and let it go at that - but this site deletes you.
    I guess the best course of action is to do nothing.
    Its not like we will cancel you just because you accidentally sign up for an offer or program you have already signed up for. If we don't get paid, you won't get paid. There has been some fraud where people insist that they did not sign up for a paid offer through another site and want paid double. Sunshinegirl being as easy as she is would just pay them, and therefore, it becomes fraud when they accept that money. Also, every reward site should have a disclaimer like we have and remind their members not to commit fraud, instead of encouraging it. Remember, the advertisers read these boards and frequent these sites, and without them, there wouldn't be any extra spending money to earn on any reward sites. Unfortunately, some bad apples have been ruining it for the rest of the good ones.

i HOPE THINGS ARE GOING BETTER NOW THAN THEY WERE IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS!