Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: (Ended)Countdown Contest: 14 Days Until Christmas

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I would donate it to the American Cancer Society. Christmas is hard enough for some families but when you loose someone around the holidays like I did with my papa you realize that Christmas may suck without toys but it sucks even more without the people you love.

The American Heart Association. Not only did my Dad die of a heart attack, my Mom had a stroke, my brother died of a heart attack and my sister died of cardio vascular disease. With our strong family history, I worry about my other siblings, myself and mostly, my children.
    Sunshine Rewards

This is a really hard one. I have so many that I would love to donate to such as cancer reasearch, St Judes, Ronald McDonald House...etc... I guess with the way times are this year I would have to donate to our local angel tree and food pantry. Our little county is low income in normal situations so this year with have many hungry families and lots of little kids that won't get anything from Santa.

This one was really hard for me because there are som many deserving organizations out there. And I have had so many of these organizations help the tragedies of friends and families in my life in the past few years. I would have to split the money equally between the Luekemia and Lymphoma society because a good friend of mine had lymphoma and they helped her so much. I would also give to a local organization called Pass it Along whom helps the needy families in our area with christmas and food baskets. I would also love to give to St Judes Childrens Hospital and Make a Wish Foundation because they do so many great things for children.
    Sunshine Rewards

if i could donate to one charity it would be the american diabetes association (if that's what it's called). my father died 22 years ago (he was only 68 years old) from complications from diabetes and my mil suffers from it now. there needs to be more research done to find a cure for this disease so less people will suffer from its effects.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

I'd split mine between the local soup kitchen my mom volunteers at, as they're a great place, and my alma mater. In these sucky economic times, I like to think that the donation would enable them to provide more aid to students who need it.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Smile

Cradles to Crayons A friend sent me their link a few months ago and when I looked at their site they had this on it and it sent shivers up my spine.
    Turn off the thermostat, Open the windows, Sleep without blankets...NOW imagine your Eleven!

I'd use the $1,000.00to buy everything from soap and toothbrushes to blankets and coats then donate them. I've been cold before and it stinks! No child should go through that!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

I'd make a donation to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society - one of my closest friends has MS, and while she has been fortunate so far, finding a cure would be amazing!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

I'd give it to our local Humane Society. I have a soft spot for them as both of my family's dogs came from there (plus a third who went back three days later, but that one doesn't count.)
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

hmm, this is a hrad one. Every charity now a days is so needing.

ALso it would be hard not to give it to the local families in the town that I know need it.

I guess I would give it to Friend of the Family here in town. They work with the local schools and churches finding out who needs help and trying to find people to help them out.
    <Sunshine Rewards