Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the PayPal!

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    Thanks for the early Pay Pal! :-)
    We're taking a little trip to visit our girl in the Disney College Program soon so I wanted to be sure to get these out as soon as I could!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We're taking a little trip to visit our girl in the Disney College Program soon so I wanted to be sure to get these out as soon as I could!!
    Enjoy!
    Would love to hear what you think of Genie+; my family is going to Disney in a few months and not thrilled with what I am hearing about it.

Enjoy!
    Would love to hear what you think of Genie+; my family is going to Disney in a few months and not thrilled with what I am hearing about it.
    I'm definitely skeptical. I think we are going to try it at least on our MK and EPCOT days because those are Kevin and Cassie's birthdays and Jillian is off work. I will report back!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks for the paypal!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I'm definitely skeptical. I think we are going to try it at least on our MK and EPCOT days because those are Kevin and Cassie's birthdays and Jillian is off work. I will report back!!
    I forgot to report back on Genie!!

So..... did you see that Disney changed the Genie+ wording today to say that you can expect to ride 2-3 rides a day using your Genie+? I think that's because so many people were frustrating thinking it would be a day full of line skipping but then they were barely getting any. I will say you have to really understand the system and be on your phone a LOT to make it work. For example, there are certain rides (like Slinky Dog) that if you don't get at 7am, you won't likely get the whole day. However, there are other rides like Mickey and Minnie Railroad that will look like they are booked up first thing in the morning but will pop open again later in the day if you keep refreshing.

We booked one ride at 7am and then were ready to book our second as soon as the park opening + 2 hours hit. So we always got at least 2 that we wanted. If you want to park hop, it's a nightmare though. Because you may get at 7am a fast pass for Tower of Terror that isn't until 4pm. So you are stuck there in the park until after you have ridden that and then can head to another park.

Some rides were not worth getting a lightning lane in advance but if it was later in the day and all of the really good ones were gone, you could get them to use in like 30 minutes and then book another one as soon as you tapped your band in line. Doing that, you could get in 2 or 3 rides in 2 hours.... but lower tier rides like Nemo or Little Mermaid.

If there are rides that you really want but you don't get them early in the day, refresh your app any time you are bored in line or sitting and eating and there is a chance they will unexpectedly pop open. That's the only way that we are able to do so many tier 1 rides. The more rides there are in a given park, obviously the more worth it Genie is. Or if you just really don't want to stand in any line for more than an hour, you pretty much have to pay for it. But with an estimated 50% of park guests paying for it, it's making it such that you really are lucky to get 2 greats and a few decent rides on a busy day. Maybe it will be better whenever the "off season" arrives.... but I just don't know when that will even be any more.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I forgot to report back on Genie!!

So..... did you see that Disney changed the Genie+ wording today to say that you can expect to ride 2-3 rides a day using your Genie+? I think that's because so many people were frustrating thinking it would be a day full of line skipping but then they were barely getting any. I will say you have to really understand the system and be on your phone a LOT to make it work. For example, there are certain rides (like Slinky Dog) that if you don't get at 7am, you won't likely get the whole day. However, there are other rides like Mickey and Minnie Railroad that will look like they are booked up first thing in the morning but will pop open again later in the day if you keep refreshing.

We booked one ride at 7am and then were ready to book our second as soon as the park opening + 2 hours hit. So we always got at least 2 that we wanted. If you want to park hop, it's a nightmare though. Because you may get at 7am a fast pass for Tower of Terror that isn't until 4pm. So you are stuck there in the park until after you have ridden that and then can head to another park.

Some rides were not worth getting a lightning lane in advance but if it was later in the day and all of the really good ones were gone, you could get them to use in like 30 minutes and then book another one as soon as you tapped your band in line. Doing that, you could get in 2 or 3 rides in 2 hours.... but lower tier rides like Nemo or Little Mermaid.

If there are rides that you really want but you don't get them early in the day, refresh your app any time you are bored in line or sitting and eating and there is a chance they will unexpectedly pop open. That's the only way that we are able to do so many tier 1 rides. The more rides there are in a given park, obviously the more worth it Genie is. Or if you just really don't want to stand in any line for more than an hour, you pretty much have to pay for it. But with an estimated 50% of park guests paying for it, it's making it such that you really are lucky to get 2 greats and a few decent rides on a busy day. Maybe it will be better whenever the "off season" arrives.... but I just don't know when that will even be any more.
    thank you, saw that information about only 2-3/day. I am hoping/planning on getting more than that. Awful lot of $$ for only 2-3 rides.

I have watched a lot of You Tube videos that have helped me learn how it works. There will be 2 of us logged into my account at 7AM and one of the younger family members will be in charge of setting a 2 hour timer on her smart watch to help out.
    fingers crossed we do better than 2-3/day.

I appreciate your feedback/tips.

Just back from a week at Pop Century. Genie+ worked well for us. ended up getting it for all 6 park days. decided we did not want to stand in line 30+ minutes for rides. We were able to ride all the attractions we wanted to get on. Was expensive compared to the days of Fast Pass+ that was included and miss the early and late hours for resort guests; will never be able to afford a deluxe resort.

This was the 3rd trip that was mostly paid for by my SR earnings; this program has meant so much to me and my family, thank you for all the opportunities that Sunshine provides.

Just back from a week at Pop Century. Genie+ worked well for us. ended up getting it for all 6 park days. decided we did not want to stand in line 30+ minutes for rides. We were able to ride all the attractions we wanted to get on. Was expensive compared to the days of Fast Pass+ that was included and miss the early and late hours for resort guests; will never be able to afford a deluxe resort.

This was the 3rd trip that was mostly paid for by my SR earnings; this program has meant so much to me and my family, thank you for all the opportunities that Sunshine provides.
    I'm so glad you had a good trip!!

I actually got a little worried about you a few days ago when I had not seen your member ID come through on any surveys for a few days. So I went and stalked your Facebook page and found out you were in Disney and wasn't worried anymore.

Jillian said she got to ride Cosmic Rewind and is getting to go back and ride it again soon with one of her uncles as a guest. I'm so jealous!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

thanks for the early Pay Pal; quite a nice surprise.

thanks for the early Pay Pal; quite a nice surprise.
    Working on getting as much as I can done early because we are setting sail on the Wish!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs