Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: August Exercise Challenge - Check In!

Well, DH wanted to do another long run again this morning. We did about 5.5 miles. The kids got up earlier today and we got out about an hour earlier than yesterday- big difference in the temperature! I also filled 2 water bottles 3/4 full of water last night and froze them. Then filled the rest with water before we left and threw in another bottle of just water...worked great. At our halfway point in the run, they were at least half melted and had some nice cold water. I told him to go down to the next intersection this time before we turned around...then I realized it was a big ol' hill! I tried to tell him nevermind, but he said nope you called it . But, at least I had a nice down hill to start the way back!

It's supposed to be a litte cooler this week...well, under 100! So, that might help a little!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh man. I couldn't imagine trying to work out outside in 100 degrees. Way to go Carla.

I made it to the gym yesterday and did a mile running and then spent some time on the eliptical.

Today I focused on getting back into weight training. It felt good once I was done.
    Sunshine Rewards

Great Catherine! Eventually I'll get back into some weight training. They are building a new YMCA here so hopefully that will work out. At least that part was easier when I worked and worked out at lunch.

Keep it up!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Well I was going to take tonight off but I ate like a pig. I can't get over how hungry I was all day and I tried all the tricks: drinking water, eating fruit, tried some hot tamales, nothing worked! So after eating lots of crap I felt guilty and drove to the gym at 8:30 and biked for 45 minutes.
    Sunshine Rewards

Cat....know what you mean about eating crap. I have days like that. Great for you to go to the gym!
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Well I was going to take tonight off but I ate like a pig. I can't get over how hungry I was all day and I tried all the tricks: drinking water, eating fruit, tried some hot tamales, nothing worked! So after eating lots of crap I felt guilty and drove to the gym at 8:30 and biked for 45 minutes.
    Good for you for getting to the gym!! I think we all have days like that with eating junk- I know I do!

Unfortunately, I wasted a nice cloudy morning yesterday and didn't get out and run. I did get the house cleaned though- so guess that was beneficial lol. It was unusually cool (low 90's) last night so we walked about 3 miles after dinner and played kick ball with DS. I am really lacking motivation lately though....ugh!!! It's much easier on the weekend because DH goes running with me. I have to work on motivated myself to get back into my weekday routine! We seem to have broken our 100 degree weather, so that should help a little. I just need to get back out there!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, I got tired of sounding like a broken record saying that I need to do the Wii Fit again. So, I just did 40 minutes on the Wii Fit. I did the Yoga and most of the strength training. Last time I did them, I increased the reps on the lunges and squats and those are killer- my legs are wobbly lol. But at least I got off my butt and did it!! Now I need to finish up cleaning the house and get a few things done with the kids!

Have a great day!
    Sunshine Rewards

My legs are still feeling wobbly from the lunges and squats! lol But, it was a nice night so we walked 3.5 miles and played kick ball tonight. I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow...
    Sunshine Rewards

Way to go Carla.

I did much better today eating wise so that is good. I made it to the gym and tackled the summit climber and the treadmill.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Way to go Carla.

I did much better today eating wise so that is good. I made it to the gym and tackled the summit climber and the treadmill.
    Sounds like a good day Catherine! Summit climber sounds interesting..
    Sunshine Rewards