Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: People who join and then just disappear...

Quote Originally Posted by natofborg View Post
    I've been around for a while. I use many, many rewards programs, some much more actively than others depending upon where I get the most bang for my buck (or time spent on tasks). I joined the forum, but I don't find any benefit to it fo me. Everything that I need is within the main site, so I rarely come here.
    I am glad to see that you do check in here for deals and things cause sometimes I think those posts are fruitless, but since I know now that some of our members really do look at them, it makes me feel better about posting them.. Also, glad that the main site has everything you need. Not everyone here is looking for a new BFF, but many of the members have made some great long distance friendships and have fun seeing how others across the country from them live and so on, so, I guess if the forum meets all those different needs, along with letting us know where there are real problems, I think we've done our job. But do come and post once in awhile and let us know you are still around. Even if its just to say hi.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by KimCh View Post
    When I read the earlier post about why people leave, I thought of reasons that I have almost left and thought I would post. I have only been here for 6 months and dont know anyone or have a feel for the other members, I just know how I have felt watching the way some people talk to us on here and thought that might have something to do with it. I guess what is negative to one might not be negative to anyone else and maybe I just offend to easily.
    I am sure on your side that gets very annoying watching people post about non credits and if people leave because of people talking about them thats a bummer. I will try to avoid posting in that thread in the future and hope this will help to avoid the loss of anymore members.
    I honestly was trying to give you insight from someone new coming in and hope that I havent offended anyone.
    I will stick my neck out and say that I agree with you! I don't know why being frustrated over a survey not crediting is b*itching? I like that thread, I think it's helpful to know that others are having the same problem and I really like it when it helps me avoid long surveys that are not going to credit.

Honestly, I used to think it was helpful to let you guys know when surveys weren't crediting so it could be reported back to the company. But after several comments from the mods on how much it hurts the site, I quit posting and realized that those surveys are apparently part of the deal.

I don't want surveys to go away, so I feel like we have to keep quiet about it and not complain or the survey companies will go elsewhere. I have to say that is one part of the business (the reward site business, not SR) that I certainly don't admire. And I don't envy SR for having to deal with it. I appreciate all of the survey opportunities and just try to grin and bear it now when one doesn't credit.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    I will stick my neck out and say that I agree with you! I don't know why being frustrated over a survey not crediting is b*itching? I like that thread, I think it's helpful to know that others are having the same problem and I really like it when it helps me avoid long surveys that are not going to credit.
    Thats the reason we have that thread. Face it, when there were multiple threads opened all over, and everytime you hit "new posts" and all that showed up was all the complaining, you can honestly say that it wasn't discouraging, especially if you are a new member, or an old one that wanted to see something other that complaints about surveys. There is much more to SR then then surveys. We consider ourselves a community here, not just a reward site and who wants to be in a community when all that is there are complaints. Most of us can stay home all day and just listen to our kids and husbands complains, SR is for a little escape, fun, and some extra money.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Well...I used to be one of the very active members. I am trying to get back in it. It has NOTHING to do with SR. Just personal life! Divorce, divorce divorce! LOL.... And shame on me! Because it was the SR people who truly went throught the divorce with me. (Jen, Janet, Traci mostly...and Carrie, Lisa, Carla and some others were wonderful too!) I think between trying to figure out where to live, where to find a job, dealing with (and still dealing with) a riduculous X, trying to date, and mostly depression you forget some of the people who were going through it with you...To all of you, I am sorry. I believe I lost some precious friends here on SR because of my self absorbness.... You know who you are, and if you read this, you truly helped me get through hell....

Anyway...I am trying to get back. I have noticed MANY people are not on here that used to be. I was quite surprised and saddened.

SR is an wonderful community. Take it from me who has been one of the beginning SR members! I have earned a good amount and have met - both physically and not - some wonderful people.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Well...I used to be one of the very active members. I am trying to get back in it. It has NOTHING to do with SR. Just personal life! Divorce, divorce divorce! LOL.... And shame on me! Because it was the SR people who truly went throught the divorce with me. (Jen, Janet, Traci mostly...and Carrie, Lisa, Carla and some others were wonderful too!) I think between trying to figure out where to live, where to find a job, dealing with (and still dealing with) a riduculous X, trying to date, and mostly depression you forget some of the people who were going through it with you...To all of you, I am sorry. I believe I lost some precious friends here on SR because of my self absorbness.... You know who you are, and if you read this, you truly helped me get through hell....

Anyway...I am trying to get back. I have noticed MANY people are not on here that used to be. I was quite surprised and saddened.

SR is an wonderful community. Take it from me who has been one of the beginning SR members! I have earned a good amount and have met - both physically and not - some wonderful people.
    I don't think anyone would think you were self-absorbed, you were dealing with SO much

I did miss "seeing" you around and often wondered how you were doing. I was so thrilled when you came back to the forums and everything was going better. I especially was happy to see your TR, it made it feel like the "old" SR forums that I miss!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post

I'm with Carrie, no one would think that!!! You have to do what you have to do to survive and we are so glad that you did/will.

You were definitely missed as you brought so much sunshine to SR! I am so happy to see you posting again. See you've already brightened up my rainy day!
    Sunshine Rewards

I know I never posted on here but I know my activity on Sunshine was greatly reduced when I went from being a stay at home mom to working full time with a 3 hour commute. We've moved about 5 minutes away now so I hope to get back in the swing of things since my dd20 just told us she will be having a Disney Wedding at the Swan next June
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by HollyD View Post
    I know I never posted on here but I know my activity on Sunshine was greatly reduced when I went from being a stay at home mom to working full time with a 3 hour commute. We've moved about 5 minutes away now so I hope to get back in the swing of things since my dd20 just told us she will be having a Disney Wedding at the Swan next June
    Ooooo...A disney wedding! How romantic! Would have so loved to have had one of those!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

As some have said, I think life just gets in the way. And Facebook has pulled a few of us away (oyvey my crops might be ready lol).
    We did try and get a regular chat schedule going but it is hard to work around all the activities people get involved in. I still enjoy coming to the forum and seeing what is going on. I tend to focus on the positive so the complaining doesn't get to me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by HollyD View Post
    Congrats to your DD!! I used $600 last year to help pay for my Disney Vow Renewal on DCL!!
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards