Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Foreign Travel > Vacation Locations

Old 01-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm flattered for some weird reason.
Awards Showcase
Share the Sunshine: This award is given to a member of the Sunshine Rewards community for helping other members with Sunshine Rewards issues. - Issue reason: As a moderator, Hedy usually stays quietly in the background. If there is a problem, she just fixes it. For example, everytime I use photobucket to download a picture, I can never get the size right. I usually just ask for a mod's help. Within minutes, my 
Total Awards: 1

Quick q-I *think* you once mentioned Mike studying...is he a person with a student ID? If so, you might look at STA.

Follow Wdwnotjustkids on Twitter
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Quick q-I *think* you once mentioned Mike studying...is he a person with a student ID? If so, you might look at STA.
Unfortunately he is studying for the CPA not through a school so that won't work. I definetly thought about STA though. I even thought about youth tickets on the britrail but I'm 26 not 25 anymore (their cutoff).
Old 01-09-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm flattered for some weird reason.
Awards Showcase
Share the Sunshine: This award is given to a member of the Sunshine Rewards community for helping other members with Sunshine Rewards issues. - Issue reason: As a moderator, Hedy usually stays quietly in the background. If there is a problem, she just fixes it. For example, everytime I use photobucket to download a picture, I can never get the size right. I usually just ask for a mod's help. Within minutes, my 
Total Awards: 1

I'm bumping this ancient (3 years old, holy poop) thread. It looks like I'll be going to London in June (Mom wants to see Wimbleton, and she says she's paying for the hotel room anyway-no brainer, right?) Ticket prices are painful atm, any tips?

Follow Wdwnotjustkids on Twitter
Old 01-09-2011, 08:21 PM
is there something in the water??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
I'm bumping this ancient (3 years old, holy poop) thread. It looks like I'll be going to London in June (Mom wants to see Wimbleton, and she says she's paying for the hotel room anyway-no brainer, right?) Ticket prices are painful atm, any tips?
Heather,

June thru end of August are a killer on airfare to europe!! I would say if you are somewhat flexible on the day of the week you fly you *might* get a little bit of a better deal.......... once the schools around here get out they prices fly.... also try aerlingus.....

we had to cancel our Ireland trip last summer (mainly due to dd's health, but then when we were cleared and I wanted to book the tickets it was going to cost over 5000 for the 3 of us to fly!!! decided to wait, either this summer - if a really great deal pops up -- or head to my sisters in laws in Maui)

Good Luck!!

Sunshine Rewards
Old 01-09-2011, 09:25 PM

I think we bought around this time and BA was having a sale. Sign up for their weekly emails and you'll see when the deals are. Sometimes they will give you free hotel nights which will help out with the overall cost.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:13 AM
Ok, I'll be the PITA du jour.

June will be more expensive - DH has made two trips in the last couple of months and the cheapest flight from PHL to LHR was around $1400. His corporate travel department does his scheduling and they have found BMI (British Midland) operated by another carrier (usually US Airways) to be the cheapest. I would imagine slightly cheaper from NY area airports or maybe we'll see an airfare war. I'd sign up for travelzoo, keep your eyes on the forums at flyertalk and sign up for any and all emails from international carriers.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm a Sunshine Rewards Junkie

We are going in March.... I think.... trying to see if I can pull this together this quickly... any tips or ideas welcome.

Has anyone flown virgin atlantic...they seem to have decent prices and good flight times....

Thanks
Proud to be SR member #3129
Old 01-20-2011, 01:05 PM
We plan to eat and drink around the world

Not sure what the prices are for the summer months or flying to London but we just booked our flights for next October to Barcelona and we paid $787.10pp not too bad considering we paid $702.00pp when we went in May 2008., both were direct flights. We kept watching the flights, some days it was up to $1300 pp, it was fluctuating on a daily basis....just keep watching and grab it when you think it's a good deal. Doubt if you'll get something below $700 because gas prices keep going up and the airlines keep raising their prices. Good Luck..I hate buying airfare.

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

SUPER MEMBER SINCE 1/2/2007 AND 6x SUPER MEMBER PLUS
Old 01-20-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
We are going in March.... I think.... trying to see if I can pull this together this quickly... any tips or ideas welcome.

Has anyone flown virgin atlantic...they seem to have decent prices and good flight times....

Thanks
i haven't heard anything negative about VA. What are you looking to do over there?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Ok, I'll be the PITA du jour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithhope View Post

Thanks
The sooner you can book, the better. March shouldn't be "high" season so you might be able to score a "decent" price. Just check every day as they fluctuate greatly. If you're headed to London, be sure to look into "London Walks." !Fantastic! guided tours and they are inexpensive. And of course, the typical tourist "must-dos", the Eye, Tower of London, British Museum, Changing of the Guard, Westminster Abbey, Horseguards. I can't wait until we finally sell our house so we can go back. We London!

(p.s. here's just one website where customers rate airlines. http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/vir_atl.htm We haven't flown VA, just US Airways and BA so we can't comment)