Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another auto sign up! BMG Music

I am so thankful I read this thread. I had an email from CH in my junk mail folder confirming my membership. There was a link to click if you wished to cancel. I clicked it and it said you application/account has been canceled. So hopefully I won't have any of these show up in the mail.

I checked all my spam and trash folders and I don't have any emails from them thank goodness.

Usually when I go through the survey pages I delete my email and my contact info even if I click the "no thanks' or "skip" buttons.

I always thought I was being a little anal doing this.......guess not!

They sure are being sneaky. They are taking BIG advantage. Not a good way to win friends and customers.

Thanks for the heads up!!
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 06-02-2007 at 11:57 AM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I'm worried now... I got the email, and deleted it because I KNEW I hadn't signed up for BMG...

Thanks for the heads up... I'll keep an eye on the mailbox...
    can anyone post cancelation info???

Faith

They've sent me the DVD too along with a bill for $5. When you call the 800 # to cancel they say that you owe for two more DVD at full price. I've emailed them and stated that I've never signed up for nor do I plan on paying for this DVD or any others. I've heard that it's HARD getting this resolved but I'm working on it. It really ticks me off though!!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by lrsellars View Post
    They've sent me the DVD too along with a bill for $5. When you call the 800 # to cancel they say that you owe for two more DVD at full price. I've emailed them and stated that I've never signed up for nor do I plan on paying for this DVD or any others. I've heard that it's HARD getting this resolved but I'm working on it. It really ticks me off though!!!!
    I don't blame you. I hope it gets resolved. Like I said.......not a good way to gain customers.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by maggiec View Post
    I am so thankful I read this thread. I had an email from CH in my junk mail folder confirming my membership. There was a link to click if you wished to cancel. I clicked it and it said you application/account has been canceled. So hopefully I won't have any of these show up in the mail.
    I got this email in return from them. Some of you may find this helpful.

"Every effort will be made to withhold processing of the application. In the
    event we are unable to do so and you receive the enrollment shipment, please
    mark the parcel "Refused" and return it to us. Upon receipt of the returned
    shipment, the membership will then be canceled."

I got the Columbia House email this morning and sent them an email. I did not sign up for this. Has anyone figured out where it is coming from?

I got an email from BMG music service on 5/28. I didn't sign up for anything either. The email had a link in it. It says that all I need to do is click on the link and it will active my membership and they will send my selection, it even has a selection listed that they will send. I didn't click on the link so hopefully they will do nothing.
    Me DH DD15 DS13 DD8 DS5
    Sunshine Rewards

TIAMOMMA is offline McChingy, I like that, it has a nice ring to it. Kind of like a new McDonald's entree.

The message I got (unfortunately didn't find it in my 4,000+ spam emails until AFTER I rec'd the cd) was "Thank you for your application, it's being reviewed, blah, blah, blah". It did have a link to click if you felt that you got the message in error but I wasn't looking in my Spam folder since I didn't sign up for it (or I would have given them my regular email address).

Then three days later they sent an email saying I was accepted and the next day telling ME what they were sending (since obviously I didn't choose anything).
    Sunshine Rewards

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

I have to say, this plan of theirs backfired with me. Any thoughts I may have had of signing up have been totally erased and now I find myself going out of my way to avoid them!
    lost a potential customer for life, doing this.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt