Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Credits being revoked

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Still going round and round with them. They are saying that the email addys they have are bouncing back and therefore not real. I tried the same addys and only had one do it. We've probably sent 8 emails back and forth since yesterday, and our rep is doing what she can. She thinks I'm really mad at her so she is meeting with her boss to see what can be done. I volunteered to send her the exact email I sent to the email addys, let her try it, and see if they bounce back. I think the advertiser is trying to scam both of us because their explanation is not holding any water with me.
    I find it really strange that these sites have already sold our e-mail addresses, reaped the rewards for me and other site members getting lots of spam resulting from those sites, then turning around and trying to say the e-mail addresses aren't real. So..........it seems to me, they want to get paid for our e-mail addresses, but don't want to pay us for providing them with them by stating they are not real. Nice scam!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Cindy:

Have them try this: Make THEM send another email to everyone they want to revoke---I guarantee those of us who didn't reply to the confirmation, either because they didn't know they had too, or simply forgot---will make sure they send back the confirmation ASAP to verify the account. I know I will keep bumping up this thread to let everyone know of this action. I think burden of proof should rest with them. Just as everyone before me has said, I get thousands of emails each week and they are the ones profiting!

wow I had no clue anything was going on . I will go check my e-mail now .

Sarah
    Sarah~Mama to David, Emma, Ashlynn-grace and Peyton Alise 10-4-07Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding TickerSunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by 2yearplan View Post
    Cindy:

Have them try this: Make THEM send another email to everyone they want to revoke---I guarantee those of us who didn't reply to the confirmation, either because they didn't know they had too, or simply forgot---will make sure they send back the confirmation ASAP to verify the account. I know I will keep bumping up this thread to let everyone know of this action. I think burden of proof should rest with them. Just as everyone before me has said, I get thousands of emails each week and they are the ones profiting!
    They are saying those email addresses are bouncing back to them, but I tried the same ones and only got one back.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    They are saying those email addresses are bouncing back to them, but I tried the same ones and only got one back.
    Just curious, are the emails that they are claiming are bouncing all from the same email provider? Or is it an equal mix of yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc.?
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    Just curious, are the emails that they are claiming are bouncing all from the same email provider? Or is it an equal mix of yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc.?
    oh good idea, like a provider has blacklist the sender for say spam....
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    I'm a problem, and I mainly use gmail.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I wonder if the advertiser's email address is somehow accidently added to the blocked email address list of those people. I know that sometimes AOL will do that to me. I will delete a message without reading it and somehow the next one from the email address won't go through. Just a suggestion.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I'm a problem, and I mainly use gmail.
    Have you been told directly that you are one with an invalid email address?

I know that gmail seems to "screen" so much of my mail. Several times when I've used that account for an offer, I've waited for a confirmation email and never got it. Checked both spam and regular and it never showed up so I had to resend the confirmation and it seemed to work the second or third time. It's really strange.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by lrsellars View Post
    Have you been told directly that you are one with an invalid email address?

I know that gmail seems to "screen" so much of my mail. Several times when I've used that account for an offer, I've waited for a confirmation email and never got it. Checked both spam and regular and it never showed up so I had to resend the confirmation and it seemed to work the second or third time. It's really strange.
    I did that last What She Has to Say with my gmail address too, and I kept checking for a confirmation email but one never showed up. I didn't get credit for it but I didn't expect to since the confirmation email never came.

When you mark something as spam and delete it, the host (yahoo, gmail) then blocks that sender, right? That may be where the problem lies, as others have mentioned.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie